Beaver County Historical Markers
The Beaver County Historical Research and Landmarks Foundation was incorporated as a nonprofit organization on December 14, 1971. It was later named the official Historical Society of Beaver County. The purpose of the Foundation is the collection, preservation, and interpretation of Beaver County's historical sites, records and artifacts for the educational benefit of the public.
The Foundation, which is supervised by a board of trustees is involved in a number of ongoing activities:
- Operation of the Beaver County History Center at the Vicary Mansion
- Publication of Milestones - a quarterly magazine about Beaver County history
- Publication and reprinting of historical literature including: The 1976 Bicentennial Atlas, The 20th Century History of Beaver County, Rivers of Destiny - The Beaver County Bicentennial Book and A Guide to Historical Landmarks in Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
- Selection of up to four historic sites each year and dedication of these locations with historical markers.
- Distribution of Heritage markers for residences which meet historic criteria